How to Make a Toga For all those seniors out there
Seniors, we are coming around to that part of the year! We have been in school for two months and are now approaching our first spirit week! And that means only one thing, toga day. The question that has been running through most of our heads is, how do I make a toga? In this article, we will cover that by giving three different ways to make a toga.
Knowing how to make a toga is beneficial in many ways. Not only is it good for senior spirit day, but it’s also a great last minute costume idea. You can dress up without having to spend a cent. This first method, is done by wrapping a toga from behind. The only material you will need is a white bedsheet of any size. Follow the steps carefully below.
1. Start by folding the sheet in half horizontally. For a longer toga, fold the bedsheet only a quarter.
2. Drap one end of the bedsheet over your shoulder with the rest hanging behind you. Adjust the part of the sheet draped over your shoulder so it reaches down to your waist.
3. Pull the bedsheet that is hanging from behind you and wrap it around your front while holding the draped bedsheet from your shoulder.
4. Wrap the rest of the bedsheet around you several times until there is no fabric left.
5. With the final end of the bedsheet, toss it over the shoulder you started with.
6. Adjust your toga as needed! The fabric sitting on your shoulder should be secured by a safety pin to keep from falling.
Making a toga is as easy as that! This method is the simplest of them all. It allows you more wiggle room to make it your own and to adjust it as needed. This is the best way for someone who does not have time to make an intricate toga.
This second method, is for people who have more time and the energy to make a toga. This toga requires also just a white bedsheet. Make sure to have safety pins on hand and possibly extra hands to help if needed. The following steps below is for a strapless toga.
1. Fold the bedsheet in half (The same way as method one).
2. From both side of the sheet, wrap the sheet from behind, underneath your arms and around to your chest. Adjust as needed.
3. Tuck one end of the sheet into the top of the sheet like a towel. Make sure that the sheet is snug to your body and if not, adjust as needed.
4. Adjust and secure the sheet. This type of toga is difficult to keep up. Add pins to several areas of the sheet for more support.
5. Add a belt to the toga to secure the sheet more.
This toga is great, but takes time to secure. Many others who have done this same toga say to add as much support to the sheet whether it’s tying it more, adding a belt, or securing more safety pins. This toga also allows more arm movement than the other would have let.
The last method is for wrapping a halter toga. This is another great way to make a toga with adding extra support. You will also just need a white bedsheet. The following steps will be below.
1. Fold the bedsheet in half vertically.
2. Holding the sheet in front of you, wrap it around your frontside like a towel except, leave three to four feet of bedsheet.
3. Twist the three to four feet left of fabric and run it over your shoulder and behind your neck. Tie the of the twist to the sheet running across your chest.
4. Secure your toga with safety pins and adjust where needed.
5. Add a belt for extra support.
This method of making a toga is more unique and creative. All of these togas are great and fun to wear to different occasions. They make for a great senior toga day. There are numerous other ways to tie a toga, but these are some of the most common methods. The Thursday before toga day, when you are wondering how to make a toga, come back to this article. Have fun and get creative. This is your last year of highschool and the last time you will be able to do this.